About Pancake Day
Pancake Day is an annual fundraising event run by Uniting Vic.Tas which invites church congregations, community groups, workplaces, schools, kindergartens and others to sell pancakes.
All money raised goes directly to Uniting programs and services of your choosing to support people in our community experiencing crisis, vulnerability and disadvantage.
This Pancake Day, you can help make a difference to some of the most vulnerable and marginalised people across Victoria and Tasmania.
Pancake Day, or Shrove Tuesday, is the last day to eat all of the luxury foods in the pantry before the start of Lent, which is a time of abstinence and reflection in the 40 days before Easter.
These foods include flour, eggs and dairy products, which when combined, make delicious pancakes!
About Uniting Vic Tas
Uniting Vic.Tas is the community services organisation of the Uniting Church, delivering services and programs across Victoria and Tasmania.
We work alongside people:
- Needing safe and secure housing.
- Who want to manage their mental health.
- Who want to gain control over their drug and alcohol use.
- Living with disability, who want to gain employment and live independently.
- Who want parenting support to keep their family safe, together and thriving.
- Growing older who want to stay active and maintain their independence.
- Caring for someone and need support so they are better able to care for themselves.
- Looking for meaningful employment through access to training and job opportunities.
- Newly arrived in Australia and need safety and a welcoming community.
- Who want their children to access early learning in a creative and nurturing environment.
- Who are young and want support through counselling, mentoring and life skills.